I had this dip at a football party I had attended and I fell in love. Shortly after the recipe popped up in a blog I follow and I saved it for future reference. I just copied and pasted the instructions from the blog, and my notes are in the parenthesis.
It’s safe to say that this dish is not diet friendly, but I guarantee that it will make your taste buds dance (that is if you’re a fan of hot wings).
I made it myself for the first time for a Christmas Party I attended a few years ago and it was a huge hit, it filled a 9×13 pyrex pan, and by the end of the evening only a small portion remained.
- 4 boneless cooked chicken breasts shredded or diced (I used Swanson’s canned chicken, it’s like tuna, and it worked out great, 2 large cans, 1 small)
- 2/3 bottle of FRANK’S BUFFALO WING SAUCE
- 2 bars of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 16 oz. bottle of blue cheese dressing (I used Bob’s Big Boy bottled dressing, it was delicious)
- 3-4 cups of shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used a mixed bag of cheddar/monterey jack because I couldn’t find pre-shredded Monterey Jack at the store I was at and didn’t want to go to another store)
- Tortilla Chips for dipping (Tostitos Cantina Chips are my favorite dipping choice)
- First, layer the chicken and Franks Buffalo Wing sauce in the bottom of a 13″ by 9″ pan.
- Mix together the cream cheese, blue cheese dressing and 2-3 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese. (SAVE THE REST OF THE SHREDDED CHEESE FOR THE TOP)
- Spread over the chicken.
- Put remaining shredded cheese on the top.
- Bake at 350 for approx. 1/2 hour. It is good hot ,or warm!