This is what my mom likes to call my birthday dinner… because it’s what she had for dinner the night before I was born. It’s been in the family for years and is always a big hit. If you could cook up childhood memories in a crock pot/skillet and serve them on a platter, this would be the meal to do it. It tastes like home, comfort, and reminds you that there is still good in the world.
- 1 Tri-tip cut into bite sized pieces (if tri-tip is unavailable in your area, stew meat will work as well)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Stewed tomatoes (14 oz)
- Tomato sauce (14 oz)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/8th Worcestershire Sauce
The following ingredients are optional, and super tasty, my mom has added them to it after making it so many times through the years
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 small can herdez salsa (or whatever your favorite salsa is)
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low all day
- Can also be cooked on the stove top, takes 90 minutes to two hours to simmer.