This potato salad never disappoints, it is a little different than your typical mayo based potato salad, but that’s where the magic lies.
- Red potatoes 5 lbs
- Bacon 12 oz. Pkg., cooked crisp and chopped
- Green onions, 1 bunch, sliced 1/8″
- Mayonnaise, half of a 30 oz jar
- Yellow mustard, about 1/3 cup
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, about 2 whole large chilies (more if you like it spicier)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Simmer potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and spread onto a sheet tray and refrigerate until cold. If potatoes are small cook them whole. If they are large chop them into about 1 inch chunks.
- Chop chipotle peppers with a knife and then smash the chopped peppers with the side of a knife to make a paste.
- Put potatoes in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- The more you mix the salad the denser the dressing will become as the starch will mix with the mayonnaise and create a thick dressing.
- Cool for at least 2 hours prior to serving