- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. double acting baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Coach’s Oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I toasted mine, 10 min, 350 degree oven, stirring frequently, until golden brown)
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars for about 30 seconds.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix just until smooth
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry with the wet ingredients and beat, be careful not to overmix.
- Add oats, coconut, and white chocolate chips.
- Beat until combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon (or medium sized cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheet (I always prepare my cookie sheets by putting parchment paper on them, and dropping the dough onto the paper, less mess and no sticking).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
** The recipe I used/modified (from the container of Coach’s Oats) said that it would make about 3 dozen cookies, with the cookie scoop I used, it made about 2 dozen. The original recipe did not call for white chocolate or macadamia nuts, and did not toast the coconut.