This is one of my absolute favorite family recipes, it’s like fancy hamburger helper. I’ve requested it for many birthdays and other special dinners. It’s one of those things from your childhood that if you’re lucky you never outgrow it. This meal holds so many great family memories, and it always brings a smile to my face.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- ¼ Cup Onions, chopped
- 8 Ounces Stewed Tomatoes, canned
- 1 (10 ¾ ounce) condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 (3 ounce) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 5 ounces Medium Noodles, cooked and drained
- Fresh Tomatoes to Garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In skillet, cook ground beef and chopped onion until lightly browned.
- Drain off fat
- Stir in stewed tomatoes, tomato soup, salt, and garlic.
- Simmer 5 – 10 minutes.
- Blend in sour cream and cream cheese
- Stir in Noodles
- Turn into a 2 quart casserole
- Bake covered in oven 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes.
Makes 4 – 6 servings.