This recipe has been in the family for years, a neighbor of my grandparents used to make it when I was little and then my grandmother and other relatives started making it too. It’s pretty much a staple to most family celebrations on my dad’s side of the family. When in doubt? Lemon cake wins the bout. Or something like that.
- 1 yellow cake mix or lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 3-ounce package lemon Jell-O
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour 9×13” pan
- Combine above ingredients; mix well
- Bake according to package instructions
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- Combine ingredients and mix until smooth
- Pour glaze onto cake while cake is still hot
- Poke holes in cake after glaze is on.